Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When God Whispers Your Name

God whispered my name this morning, the voice came from within.
He ushered me into His presence where I would recognize Him.
A fierce and powerful unsafe God who created glories unknown.
A gentle patient forgiving Abba who sits at the throne.
A word, and a 900,000 mile sun responds from His mouth.
Smaller than a mustard seed he formed me with his love.
Tucked me in my mother's whom to keep me safe and warm
He whispers His love in me since before I was born.



Life is not easy. Trials in finances, health and relationships never cease. I can get really worn out with the never ending cycle of trials. Then I watch a movie like PRECIOUS and I'm reminded that life is even harder than I know of and more painful than my own life scope. That is usually when I work myself up into a frenzied panic to save all abused and hurt children in the world.
God whispers in me. "I AM God."
Then the cycle of humility, truth and helplessness usually follow my 'I'm overwhelmed' prayer.
The humility is that I am not god and I cannot fix anybodies brokenness, pain, hurt....
The truth is God is I AM He has a will and a plan and loves these hurting people more than I can comprehend in my feeble understanding, He is working for the good in them, HE IS GOOD, the lies don't negate the truth......
and the helplessness actually has a happy ending if we can believe He is good, if we believe in Him, if we can only believe Him!
God is my safe tower and that is where I bring my helplessness.
He has given us a helper. He has stepped into me and helps me from within.
He does not give me good advice from His far away throne. He does not send me to a physician or a foster home. He draws me into Him and does the work for me, through me, in me.
He gets the glory, He does the work.
Thank you Lord for not being above us or around us or beside us. Thank you for being in us.
In the parts of us we don't even know. In the unseen corners of our minds and in the hearts no one else cares about. I do not have a helpful angel guiding me through life, we have not a genie, but God almighty, I AM.
John 14:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment