Friday, March 12, 2010

"We Have to Jump"

Psalm 103:4
"who redeems my life from destruction; 
who crowns me with loving kindness and tender mercies;"

(somehow my posts formatting is messing up a bit I'm working on the problem:)



Last night while watching Le Miserables with my brother Chad I had a sweet revelation that brought me to tears.
Do you remember the scene where Jean Valjean rescues Cosette from the abusive caretakers?
He walked into the Inn with all his authority and scooped her right out of the grips of abuse and filth.
She was being taken advantage of abused verbally and offered 
over to anything that made the 
caretakers money. They didn't have an ounce of concern for her.
Jean Valjean was gentle with her, he showed her grace and love on their walk to Paris. He wanted her to know his love for her as a father loves his daughter. On their long journey to Paris Jean Valjean edifies her he shows her her value and worth to him. He calls her the Queen. He asks her to call him papa.
After he climbed the paris fortress wall with her on his back he located the spot to jump to the roof 
across from where they hid.
He grabbed Cosette and attempted to leap when she yelped out in fear.
He looked at her and said "we have to jump". She gave him a look that said "I trust you."
He gathered her in his arms and they leaped to safety on the other side.

As I watched these scenes I was ushered into a revelation that brought me to tears.
God the Father entered into my sin, an abusive filthy captivity with satan who wants to destroy me, 
who hates me and wants me to live in misery, and in that place God rescued me.
He takes me on a long walk called life on earth sharing with me how much He loves me and values me as His daughter. He asked me to call Him papa and he calls me queen because he has a crown in 
Heaven He will place on my head after our long journey through earth.
When it comes time to make a scary jump in life God picks me up, He doesn't want me to make the 
leap He does it for me. He just looks in my eyes to see if I'm willing to trust Him.
He jumps holding me.
God does not abandon us to do the scary hard things on our own, He's been walking with us the whole time and when a dangerous gap is between us and safety He picks us up to jump, with us in his arms. If we yelp out in fear he doesn't force us to go He simply looks into our eyes to see if we trust Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you danae for seeing and sharing such a sweet picture of God's redemption and love. There is a gentleness in your words that leap off the screen and reach deeply in to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie, and I love the picture you have captured of God thru it! Thank you for being so sensitive to the work of the Holy Spirit in your life. Its a breath of fresh air for many!

    ReplyDelete