Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do you Believe That God is Good?



(Haitians singing praises to God through the streets of Haiti a week after the earthquake)

I was praying and writing in my journal on 12/14/09, 18 days before the night Jake was killed.
It was a night that I sat alone at home praying and listening to the Lord.

Below is what I wrote in my journal in hearing from the Lord.

I heard God ask me this question tonight.
Is it true that I AM good?
I said, 'Yes Lord it IS true that You are good'.
Later that night He asked me again.
Is it true that I AM good?
I said 'Yes Lord, of course you know, that I know - You are good.
only a few minutes later I heard from the spirit again..."do you believe that I AM good?
In that moment the knowledge of things I try to keep out of my mind came to my memory.
The knowledge I've learned of little girls in India sold into prostitution.
I knew the Lord was asking me if I believed He was good even when I was aware of repulsive disgusting sin as what was brought to my memory.
'I do not get it Lord. I do not understand why you are waiting so long to rescue your children from this hell we live, with sin so grotesque it forces itself on innocent children!' Yes even still...in my lack of comprehension I believe that You ARE good'.

(I continued to write in my journal as I listened to the spirit..but looking back on this entry I think God was preparing me for Jake's death.
Jake was shot and killed and yet God is still good isn't He?
I trust You Lord Jesus.)

Journal entry continued:
Webster's dictionary: Truth is the true or actual state of a matter, actuality or actual existence;

truth is more powerful than a lie and deceit.
Truth is to be discovered. If some truth has not been discovered yet, that doesn't make lies true. A lie is still false even if the truth has not been found or revealed yet.

Is it true that God is good?

Psalm 107:1 "O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever."
Psalm 31:19 "O how great is thy goodness, which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!"
Psalm 145:9  "The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works"
Psalm 25:8     "Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the way."

Yes it is true even if I do not see the truth yet or the truth has not been revealed to me.
God is good and I can believe Him even if I don't understand or see it.

Radio waves have always been in the earths atmosphere.  Before they were discovered we could not see them and did not know they were there, yet that did not negate the truth. Not knowing that they existed  did not make the lie that they are not there, true.

They existed whether anyone believed it or not. Radio waves were a profitable thing for us to find.
Some do not believe that God exists, because they do not see.
I might believe that God is not good because I have seen up close and personal the affects of a sinful heart taking the life of my baby brother. I could not in my understanding see the goodness in his murder. Yet in God is all goodness.
We see the effects of radio waves and of wind and we believe yet we see the effects of God in creation and life and some still do not believe the truth.

I have faith or I believe that radio waves exist. now what?
Now we can move forward in that truth. More is to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment