Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tears



This woman has touched the depths of my heart through this picture.  I'm deeply affected by her genuine sorrow. I do not know the gravity of her loss in the haiti earth quake but in my own heartache in losing Jakey my anguish wells up in empathy for her.
God help this woman! Lord bless her tears that they grow a forest of glory, godly attributes and life to her and those that love her.
I'm looking forward to meeting this woman in eternity. I cannot wait to see her face glowing with joy and her mouth with singing! I will see the harvest of her tears and sorrow from this very tragedy  blossomed into life giving fruit that we all can enjoy in Heaven. I will savor the fruit God has grown through those seeds we call tears.
Psalm 126:5-6
"Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their precious seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest."

The way the Lord has revealed this verse in me at this time is in picturing that the seeds are precious and valuable....
It hurts that our Jakey was killed at 17 only 2 months ago, but In my sorrow I've trusted God with the conclusion. I trust God's will. As I hand over my anger and my will for His, and as I trust God with all that doesn't make sense in Jake's death and the upcoming trial for his murder. I shed tears because Jake is precious to me and it seems hard to hand over the justice of his valuable life being ripped away from us.  It's like handing every fiber of my being over to God to do what he pleases. I'm crying in the process of surrender, but my tears will produce a bountiful harvest.

I think "planting the precious seed" is the trusting. I think my effort in handing it over to God is the planting and the seeds are my tears. The seed grows into a bountiful harvest of fruit to be enjoyed and to give life to me and others. Praise God!
The Lord knows what He is doing even when I do not know what He is doing.

Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped; therefore my  heart greatly rejoices and with my song will I praise him."

(sorrow is the sowing rejoicing is the reaping / Our mouth had never been filled with holy laughter if it had not been first filled with the bitterness of grief /  tears like seeds falling to the ground and god growing a beautiful fruit tree that gives life and nourishment to others and brings joy to us and glory to god.)

No comments:

Post a Comment