Thursday, April 15, 2010

Revelation

This is an incredible teaching from Mike Wells.
I've just copied it from his recent missions journal we received in the mail.

It comforts me in reading it to think that God revealed to Jake all that he needed to know in order to be fit for eternity with Him before God took Jake from us.

Romans 7: 18-20
"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh, for the wishing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I wish, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not wish. But if I am doing the very thing I do not wish, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me."

Revelation does not come through effort; it will come through life and can take years to arrive. Revelation can never be forced; it is an outgrowth of our lives in a fallen body and in a fallen world. Revelation comes in the fullness of time; therefore, time is essential, and the longer one lives, the more revelation he will receive. Many exit at an early age, having been given the revelation that is needed for a move from this reality to THE reality. Life with a small "I" is the future for life to prepare us for what Life would teach us. In the fullness of time, we will receive what we would not have received at an earlier time. There is no need to be frustrated and make silly comments like, "I wish I would have known that sooner." At a sooner time we could not have received it and would not have "known" it. This planet and our lives are not made up of random experiences. This world is the womb in which the things of God are made known to us, and just as a baby is methodically formed in the womb of the mother, the the child of God is methodically formed in the womb of the world.  God is the God of order, not of chaos; therefore everything comes in order. To say, "If only I had known this sooner" is assuming that "knowing" is what has made the change in us. Rather, it was revelation. Knowledge can come at any time, and yet revelation must come at the fullness of time as our "time" on earth prepares the way. "if only I could go back and make different decisions!" Well, if we could go back, we would be the same persons that we were back then, and we would make the same decision. However, such a statement does reveal that we have grown, and the new persons that we are today would never have made such decisions. We have mentioned before that there are journey people and destination people. As believers we need to accept that we are all on a journey and enjoy the journey. in the fullness of time, God is teaching us. We cannot process cannot be hurried, then we must accpt the way of things on the earth and rest in Him. The Holy Spirit will bring the revelation, His teaching that moves from head to heart in the fullness of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment