Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fresh Wind

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
When I read this verse a picture comes to mind.
I see many rooms in my mind. I see closed doors. Some rooms I'm familiar with. Some I didn't even know where there. Some rooms have no light streaming in. Dark rooms with dust and even darker corners. I have no idea what is in the corners of some of these rooms in my mind.
I can see Christ standing outside a door of a particular room. He has just knocked.
If I open the door to His invitation to come into that room and join me His light will come with Him and all the corners and unknown's will be exposed. I can choose to allow Him in some rooms and maybe not all rooms. He has given me free will to allow His freeing light of truth to enter all corners and rooms in my life...in my mind. Yet I want to surrender my all to Him.
Sins in my life lurk in these rooms hiding from the light and truth and exposure of the Lord. 
Some sins have entered my life through my own doing and I've forgotten about them and they hide very well in the dark rooms with the shut doors. 
Satan likes to hide here.
He hides because if he stood in the light I would recognize him. Jesus knows where he is hiding in my life and He knocks at my doors waiting for me to open the door and let Him in. He will enter the room bringing His light, the truth and the power and the Way. He enters into me with my permission and exposes what is hiding and lurking there to devour me.
The truth sets me free. Christ is the truth.
In the mornings with this picture in mind I surrender every part of my life, my will, my day, my thoughts, my time to the Lord asking for His life in exchange for my death. I ask that He enter every room in my mind and shed His truth and light to every part of me I ask that He sweep through and open the windows and allow His light to shine.


The Lord revealed this picture to me yet tonight He has brought me to a deeper truth in this thought.


While at my friend's house today I learned a pearl of wisdom.
She said that God has revealed to her His goodness and beauty right where she is. She said she doesn't have to live on the coast of california's rugged beach cliffs or live in the valley of a beautiful mountain peak to enjoy God's beautiful creation. God tilted her head with his gentle love the other week and opened her understanding to the picture He painted for her in the sky above her head. Where ever she goes God has created a new glory right above her, minute by minute and day by day He has given her a new crown, His creation, right above her. It is a gift to her from Him. 
"His mercies are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness"  lamentations 3:22-23
He is so creative and thoughtful to give us this special gift. I'm thankful He's revealed it to her to share with us.


As I lay in bed late tonight thinking about this new truth, Dave opened our bedroom window. A fresh wind burst through sweeping over my body filling the room with a sweet aroma from an all day rain, wet earth, flowers from the flowering trees and a ring of chilly ripples.
What God spoke to my heart was this: Just as the wind did not hesitate before entering through the open window, I do not hesitate before entering into you. 
He does not wait to rescue us. He does not stall before freeing us. He loves us so much He enters into us faster than the wind can burst through an open window.  God wants to fill us with His presence and with that His blessings and goodness.
It is good to clean house, asking God to reveal all the things in your life that are not of His life. Asking God to enter every room of your mind and life. Giving Him access to every part of you and surrendering all to Him. I do not want satan to be in any part of my journey. I only want Christ's life. 
God I open the door for you to enter into me and to sit and have supper with me in every part of my life. I am yours. 
Every door belongs to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment