Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Dream I Had


I'm going to share with you a dream I had not too long ago.
I had this dream about a month after Jake was shot.
I was at my parent's house on this night.
I remember while dreaming this night I heard hymns sung most the night in my sleep or in my dreams. I do not know the words to hymns but in my dreaming all the words to every hymn I heard was clear.
Then a hymn started"Oh Lord thy God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the world thy hands have made...." It is at this part in the song that Jake walked out to me with a half smile on his face and his arms open for a hug as he walked towards me.
He embraced me and held me strong and tight. as he hugged me I started to weep uncontrollably. My body shook from weeping and still he held me steadfast and strong. I remember the strength of his arms around me was comforting. I began to pull on his back with my hands. I kept grabbing his back and pulling the skin as hard as I could making sure he was physical and really there with me all the while he held me and still I wept. I pulled on him until he spoke a bible verse and it calmed me completely. I remember that his voice was not as a 17 year old immature voice but a wise deep and comforting voice, a voice of knowledge.
He spoke to me a bible verse and it immediately encouraged and calmed me but I cannot remember the verse! I've prayed that God would remind me of this verse but I still do not know. It was something that was for that moment and not for now.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful and very powerful visual to me, Danae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing of it that next day; it was awesome to hear... I love reading it now... I could hear it over & over... I also Love that you got to hug Jake again.... What blessed "hope" we have what awesome expectation.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    You can be so peaced in knowing YOU were a wonderful, loving and amazing sister to Jake.... He SO LOVED YOU :)

    ReplyDelete