Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here We Go!





magnitude: great importance or consequence


The Lord spoke a truth into my heart a few months ago that encouraged me more than anything else I've ever understood in my life. My desire has been to share it with you but the thought of typing it all out in a legible way seems almost impossible for me. I've kept myself from even attempting it yet here I am starting the process already. I'll break it up into a couple parts. 


Part 1


Last year I prayed and fasted earnestly for two things.
1. My three brothers
2. for the revelation of Christ and His truth in me, and through me.


About two weeks before Jake was shot I was praying for him while Dave was at school. My heart was heavy, I was on my knees, face to the floor when I heard the Lord say "Jake does not know the magnitude of his existence."
I sat up excited about what I just heard and immediately wrote it down in my journal.
I thought "wow that is so neat!" I couldn't wait to tell Jake the next day. He needed the encouragement.
I left a message for him on the answering machine at home and I texted him saying we needed to talk as soon as he could get away. My parents had a ton of family in town and Jake was consumed with cousins so we played phone tag a few times but I wasn't too worried since I would get to tell him as soon as our family left. The very night our family left for their long drive back home Jake went out with some friends, it was January 1st, 2010 and he was shot and killed that very night.
I was never able to tell him.
A few days after the funeral I asked the Lord why He would tell me something so special for Jake knowing I would never be able to tell him.
He said "Jake now knows. The truth was given for you."
So..Jake is right in the middle of it, learning the truths of God and seeing the very magnitude of his own existence in the glory of God, and God told me so that we could hold on to that truth after Jake's death? God knew this would be a comfort to me. 
Well that was enough for me.
Weeks later I was still with my parent's in FL. I was sitting on their sofa watching t.v. My mind completely blank, I wasn't praying or thinking. I was just numb and watching one of Jake's favorite programs, C.O.P.S. 
As I watched police chasing the bad guys on t.v. the only way I can describe what happened is that God took a full pitcher overflowing with "a knowledge" and poured it over my head. I saw flashes of a beautiful truth unfold in my mind.


God began to open my eyes to an even deeper meaning to His statement to me about Jake weeks before.
The beautiful revelation that God gave me about Jake weeks before suddenly became an immeasurably deeper description of Heaven and God's love for us.


I will continue in part 2 as this next part of the revelation takes a lot of energy and time to type out.





2 comments:

  1. Wow! So I'm really anxious to read this second part! Thank you for taking the time, energy and emotion to write this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment above was from Bekah not the petty's. I didn't realize I was logged into my friends gmail..

    ReplyDelete