Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Unbounded Glory Lovingly Placed In You


I read a story of a great composer named Mendelssohn who visited a cathedral containing one of the most expensive organs in Europe.
After listening to the organist he asked to play.
The organist replied "no, I do not know you and we do not let people that we don't know to use the organ."
Finally Mendelssohn convinced the organist to allow him to play for a moment.
He began to play and his music filled the cathedral with such music as was never heard in that cathedral before. The organist asked who he was and when Mendelssohn told him his name the organist was dumbfounded and said "to think that an old fool like me nearly forbad Mendelssohn to play upon my organ!"
I think about the verse 1 Cor. 6:19 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."

What unimaginable, unseen works of glory and treasure could be revealed in our lives in our own hearts if we stepped aside and gave God complete permission and control into the everyday - into the moment.

He's the composer! He is the creator and yet I think that I'm capable to run my day.
WHAT?
Just like the organist playing away proudly on his little organ I busily will play house all day and not think to stop what I'm doing and surrender the instrument over to the master of music.
But God is asking if I will allow Him to take over where I can sit back and enjoy the music. I don't have to have the talent He does and His talent will blow my mind and bless the socks off of me if I will just surrender to Him.

There are days that I remember to immediately surrender the day to the Holy Spirit. I'll wake up and say Lord this is the day that you have made. Your will be done, you be glorified, your words your steps..I surrender this day to you, I surrender my will for yours and my death for your life in me.

But most days I forget to say it. I forget to surrender and my day will go on and the end of the day approaches and I prepare for the next.
But what am I missing out on here?

There are days that I look at my life and I think, "what is God doing in me anyway?" I don't see great things happening. God has given me a small mustard seed of faith that says (2 Corinthians 4:18) "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."
It is here that I remember that surrendering my will for God's will is an unseen act and God is working out the eternal through His will being done in me.

If I can now speak more directly to you and say,  God created you. You did not create yourself did you...You do not even know yourself.  God knows you. He is the illustrator of your imagination. He is the yearning in your heart, He is the humor behind your laughter, He is the warrior behind your bravery, He holds you together, He completes your existence.

Why do I leave out the most important part of my day even knowing this about our creator?
I mean I never go without brushing my teeth in the morning.
I always put clothes on before leaving the house. Yet I can forget to take a few moments to surrender my heart, my will and desires my day to the Lord in exchange for His life in me.

He is the creator, He knows His temple with every note and knob, every hidden bolt holding you together (The glue which is Himself).

I am fascinated by the heavens above us. I cannot get enough of the stars and cosmos. I always think that there is so much to learn of God in the vast expanse of the universe.
The picture of the milky way above thrills me.
God made this massive love letter above our heads for us to read every night before bed.
We are always discovering new unexplainable wonders even just in the milky way above us.
And here we are the very temple, the very holding place of all of God's majesty.
We are walking temples of GOD Himself who created this milky way. We don't have to go to a building to worship Him, we worship our creator who is inside of us.

Now obviously He knows more about our life than we do. You would think surrendering our day would be a no brainer.  At least for me it isn't that easy to remember.
It's not even our day to claim.
It is the day that the Lord has made, we did not make it anyway.

 Lets remember that today we step aside and let the creator do His work in us.
What great things we reap from it will travel beyond our earthly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment