Monday, November 8, 2010

I See My Father in You!


Do you ever just see God in someone? If they are showing love or forgiveness...do you see an attribute that you know came from the Father?
I've been thinking a lot lately about each person having their very own unique attributes of God.
Each individual child created in God's image has a different attribute and quality of God in them.
God has placed Himself differently in each person ever created. No one person could hold all of God's "genes" :) or glory in them. Here is our opportunity, to know God deeper through the body of Christ (the church).
Each person having a treasure chest inside of them that they may choose to open or not in their lifetime makes me want to get to know the body.
It makes me want to know people intimately so that I can catch a glimpse of God in a way that I myself do not have the understanding of without knowing these people, and knowing God in them. God is so beyond our comprehension, so HUGE that we could not know Him fully completely on our own. We need the body (the church) to know Him deeper.
The potential for every human being created is to have God glorified in them uniquely and special, a part of God that no one else created has in them.
I was just reading about NASA'S spacecraft that traveled 2.9 billion miles to take photos of the comet traveling into our galaxy.
The earth is 24,900 miles around the circumference. 2.9 billion miles to travel anywhere is hard to imagine but that is not a destination to the ends of the universe.
Space continues on and on trillions of miles as we now know. As big as space is it is not bigger than it's creator. God is bigger than His creation and He dwells in you and me. God himself has given us His attributes, His great power through His Son inside of us and we get to go deeper even deeper into the knowledge of our Father the creator of all. This kind of knowledge of God can go on forever and ever can't it? We have eternity to get to know Him  more intimately and to be revealed His awesomeness.
He has placed himself in each of us, each person carrying a special and uniquely unimaginable revelation of God Himself.
We look up at the milky way and we think 'wow God is huge.' There are mysteries hidden in the world around us, mysteries hidden in the universe and yet God has placed Himself inside of each of us so the mysteries that hold everything together are actually in us!
I look at that picture of the milky way and I'm in awe of God because of it. I praise His holiness and power.
The milky way is 180,000 light years in total width and it is being held together by Jesus.
And Jesus in me, who holds everything together encompasses all the fullness that is all in all. Jesus is the glue that holds all things together, and therefore His commands are not imposed upon us but already written into the very nature of man.
God has so lovingly placed His spirit and His attributes in the people of the world I want to know Him through them. I want to learn all I can in my short encounters with a random person I do not know at the store. Or look deep into someone's eyes and search for the glimpse of God in them.
What about those people that are so unlovable or a homeless man that is drunk on the street asking for money. I know God gave him His very own light. It's right inside of the man but they may not have interest in listening to God's voice. They may not want to crack open the treasure chest of God's glory inside of them.  Or maybe this man does not know His true identity in Christ. In the Son of God the creator of all. Powerful Merciful Savior Jesus.
Regardless if this man does or does not care about the treasure God placed inside of him I don't want to miss out on God in him (In the homeless man).
Jesus is still holding him together, God has still placed His glory in Him and God said in Matthew 25:45 "that whatever you have not done for the least of these you have not done for me."
Sin shrouds the light of God in those of us that allow it to ravish our flesh and it may be hard for us to see the image of God in anyone given into sin, those so enraptured by the flesh and sin have missed out on our most glorious inheritance.
They will probably miss out for all of eternity depending on their hearts desire.
God has given us Him and the knowledge of Him and all that comes with being a child of the King and we can miss it in each other and miss the blessings OR we can return the call from God through His body (the church) with an answer that says I love this person and I want to know what God has shared of Himself through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment