Friday, August 13, 2010

Our Special Moment with God

A couple weeks ago I was having one of those all consuming grief stricken days just as I've described in my previous posts. I couldn't get over a new intense anger I had at Jake's sudden death.
I tried to get myself into some kind of groove to accomplish anything around the house as Oscar needed more love and attention that day than usual. He had a sense by this time when  "momma" was sad.
Dave was out all day working and then school right after work so we wouldn't be seeing him until late that night.
I was going through our usual bedtime routine with Oscar. Bath, teeth brushed, cozy P.J.'s on, and laying in his crib with one arm straight out for me to entwine my fingers in his for our prayer time together. I began with my usual deep groan of "Lord, we trust you". I say it with a groan because my spirit is so painfully sad at the core that it usually comes out in a groan even when praying with Oscar.
Just as I said that I was surprised to hear Dave walk from the kitchen into Oscar's room where we were praying. Excited that he was home early, I continued to pray with oscar, my eyes closed but I could feel the warmth of Dave entering the room and the weight of his large body walking towards us on the carpet. Each step was heavy under my feet as he walked right up to us, put his arm around my back and I took a glimpse at Oscar to see if he knew dadda was home. Of course if Oscar knew he would immediately cry out, "DADDA!" while I continued to pray my fingers mingled with Oscars I saw him looking right at his dadda with a large smile on his face.
As soon as I was done with our prayer I turned to Dave for a much needed embrace. My day was so horrific, I needed to cry on his shoulder. I turned into him and opened my eyes with a huge smile on my face when I realized nobody stood next to me at all. Come to find out Dave wasn't even home, he was at school still.
I could still feel the heavy warmth of his body holding me and standing close to me and oscar but I didn't see anyone. Thats when the Holy Spirit spoke in my heart. The Lord made his presence known to me in such a way that I truly needed that day. He comforted me in a way that would minister to my heart the most. He physically showed up in Oscar's room that night while we prayed and held us in His arms for the entire prayer.
I'm so grateful for that moment with God. I will never forget it and I am still comforted by it even weeks later.
Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment