Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Sad Anniversary

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, says my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:21-26

Below I've copied and pasted the very first post I wrote on here concerning the painful aftermath and shock of Jake's murder because I have few words that can describe the roller coaster ride of emotions I've had these few days leading up to the anniversary of Jake's death. January 1 2010.

Home At Last



It's hard to put into words all that the phrase Home At Last means to me right now. I've dropped my suitcase in the foyer, I've shed the Florida flip flops for more practical wool socks. I've even slipped into my favorite valour pants and snuggly sweater, yet with the heavy thump of an overstuffed diaper bag, I cannot help but release a heavy sigh of overstuffed sorrow grief and agony.
After 7 weeks of facing the finality of my beloved baby brother Jake Couture's murder in FL. I'm home at last. . 'But is this home?' I ask myself. Am I home 2,019 miles away from Jake's things and my parents and all the family that I love? Or am I still awaiting the day I can unload the painful and oppressive baggage of this world in the foyer of eternity.
Come quickly Lord Jesus.
Isaiah 41:10 says "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I know that Jake is standing before the almighty God of infinity, God of all, the great I Am.
I know that as I praise God in worship, Jake is worshiping Jesus too. He is standing before God Himself and he and I worship the same creator at the same moment in time. I feel connected to Jake that way. We are one in Christ Jesus. Jake truly is home at last. The pain of loosing my irreplaceable Jakey is immense, but I trust you Lord Jesus.
"you give and take away, my heart will choose to say Lord blessed be your name" -(great song: blessed be your name tree63)
"And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment