Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is Eternity Physically Closer Than We Think?

Sometimes I wonder what clues God gives us about purpose and life in eternity and oneness with Him through His creation around us.
I know He has given us a few examples of this in the bible.
Matthew 6:28
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin."
Matthew 6:25
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
Matthew 13:31
"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in it's branches."
Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.


What clues and surprises are all around me pointing to God's love for us?
Last night Dave and I were enjoying the life growing inside of me. Wells was dancing with every limb. Dave had his hands on my belly trying to soak in every bump and poke Wells was making when he looked at me and said, "what if Heaven is closer than we think? He began to explain a beautiful parallel between Heaven and the womb. I believe God gave Dave a hint of truth last night. I'll try to explain.
 Over the past 7 months we've rejoiced with Wells' every development, feeling him getting stronger and seeing my belly swell bigger and bigger each week we know he will be ready soon to join us in the world. We have so much love for Wells and yet he doesn't even know our love yet. He doesn't know every night Dave and I rub my belly hoping to touch him through the thin wall that separates us. Dave puts his mouth really close to my belly and he speaks beautiful words of love to Wells everyday yet Wells still cannot fathom the love we have for him. He would not be able to understand anything we are so excited to share with him when he is born. All he knows right now is the comfort of the womb. 
Wells does not know that we talk about him everyday and that we are preparing a place for him in our home.  We already love this child more than life. 
What if (as I've mentioned before in this blog) life on earth being our womb before eternity (preparing us for a life of eternity) is just as close to God and Heaven and our loved ones in Heaven as Wells is to Dave and I. Wells is comfortable in his womb being prepared and developed for a life on earth and we are enjoying him, longing for his birth. Drinking in his every movement. His grandparents and aunts and uncles are loving him and anticipating his arrival. He is with us and growing before our eyes yet he does not know of us. He can hear us and is wrapped in the warmth of our love but does not know of life on earth yet. 
He is only separated from us by a thin layer inside my body.
Are we being in the womb called life on earth only separated by a thin layer from those in Heaven? ARe they around us? Are we growing in character and developing spiritually inside of Christ while in this womb called earth until we are to be born into eternity with our Heavenly Father? Are our loved ones in Heaven rejoicing our growth and development in learning or God's glory and are they anticipating our arrival into LIFE. 
Life being eternity with God.
Are we all in the same room only separated by the thin layer? Does God and our loved ones hold us and talk to us and prepare for our arrival and rejoice with our every bump and poke as we mature excited for our birth.
I'm still praying for this to unfold inside my heart. I'm seeking God's understanding. I love this parallel and I praise God for glimpses of the life He prepares for us through His creation around us.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and beautiful thought..revelation...comparison... It's a WOW.....Love it Love it :) Beautiful picture of you my beautiful and precious daughter... bringing in a beautiful and precious life.... Our baby Wells xx xx

    ReplyDelete