Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anger in Love


I've been thinking about something. In John 2:13-21 Jesus gets angry that they turn his father's house into a market. I think He's angry because He sees something they could not see.
The truth.
The clear truth that day was that those men were being deceived and corrupted through the sin some may not have even been aware of.  Those money changers and those selling doves were not only destroying themselves through their sin but they were bringing others to corruption with them.
The temple is for worship, trusting, surrendering, praising...
Jesus was angry not at them but for them. their sin was destroying them. He was angry in love.
The temple of God which now is us, our body, is for the same thing. Worship, trust, surrender, praising....

There is someone in my life that is very toxic and destructive to my loved ones. I can clearly see how this person hurts themselves and the people that I love so much. Even though my loved ones cannot see the destruction that is upon them because of this one individual. It makes me angry and not at them but for them.
My first reaction is protection for my loved ones and there have been times that I have tried to clean out the temple. I've tried to kick her out of our sacred temple. Our holy worship and daily surrender to the Lord has been interrupted for foolish sinful behavior because of this persons existence in our "home". In our "temple". I wish I could be more specific.
I've thrown the tables and confronted this person in truth with a furious sadness and rage of the sin she has brought into our home and the destruction she has brought onto my loved ones (whom have allowed her in).

My anger though is not coming from a place of wanting justice or revenge. The anger I can tell you has genuinely been anger for her and for my family. Anger for the loved ones that have allowed this sin to hurt them. Anger in love. Love that says "I SEE SOMETHING HERE" You are destroying yourself and my precious loved ones in the process.  I want to yell as Jesus did. "GET OUT OF HERE"
The kicker is that my loved ones do not see the truth. They are allowing her into their lives they are sugar coating the truth of the severity and they are thinking that they are loving her but they are supporting destruction, deceit, corruption and a foothold for satan in their "home".
I've been on the chair shouting out "GET THIS SIN OUT OF OUR HOME"

Our body is a place of worship and oneness with Christ... when I see it being destroyed by the sin of this toxic person I get angry for her and angry for my loved ones.
I see the truth but my words are going unheard. I'm sick of satan lurking in the corners of my loved one's lives through this person and what she brings to our home.
I want to clean house and kick her out for her own good and the good of those I love. Jesus kicked out the money changers and the others for their own good the good of the temple and the love of His father and those that were being hurt by the sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment