Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Touch and Go Follower


I watched a movie about Jesus life. In it there was a scene where a crowd of people would follow Jesus and get a glimpse of him or a smile or a touch on the shoulder and they would be content and move on with their lives.
I was annoyed by this and I said 'Lord, I do not want to be a follower that touches and goes. I do not want to be content with touching you and then living my life. I want more of you. I want to be as one and as united as a human can be with you. I want a oneness more than anything, a true oneness - and the Lord said to me - "You are my bride."
And it struck me, or should I say the Holy Spirit revealed what God said, something I have never thought of before.
The Lord is my Father and Jesus is my groom.
The Lord loves me and wants me for his son - the Lord allowed his son to die for me - His bride.
Do you get this with me?!
first of all I can't be any closer with Jesus He dwells in me and we are one, you can't get any closer in a relationship than a bride and groom.

I look at that picture of Dave holding our only son Oscar.
I cannot imagine Dave handing Oscar over to someone to be sacrificed for a future bride of his that is grossly sinful.
I would say, 'no way, she does not deserve him, she's not good enough for him.
Yet God saw me in my most wretched sin and said I love her, she is my son's bride, and He and Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for me. First of all, how deeply in love is our groom with us, and second how deeply in love is our father with us?!

We are the bride of Christ! All of us that surrendered our hearts to Jesus, that surrendered our lives for His life, we are his body, we are one with Him we are his bride.
I am Christ's bride and He dwells in me. I can't be any closer to Christ. We are already one.
A bride waits for her groom she keeps her lamp oil full for when he comes for her.
Revelation 19:7
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.
I'm ready Lord, let's go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment